Exterior Siding Installation & Siding Replacement
At EXOVATIONS®, we believe that siding should last the lifetime of your home. Therefore, we are committed to choosing and installing siding products that not only make your home look beautiful, but that are incredibly durable too.
Replacing the siding on your home is not a simple process. It typically involves the complete removal of the existing cladding (siding or stucco), the installation of a moisture barrier and reflashing of all windows and doors before the new siding is installed. There are also some specific handling and installation techniques and tools required that are unique to fiber cement siding. For all these reasons, a siding project is typically not a do-it-yourself type of project – it should be reserved for siding contractors that are experienced in siding installation with the proper tools.
Along these lines, there are many key items that a qualified contractor should know and should be clearly covered in their proposal to you. Here are a few of the key items that should be agreed to in writing:
- Is the contractor trained and experienced in installing siding? Are the Certified by one or many manufacturers? It is important that the contractor installs the siding per the manufacturer’s written specifications so as to not void the warranty on the product itself.
- What type of warranty on workmanship does the contractor provide?
- Will the existing siding be removed from the house? Once removed, will the siding be disposed of properly by the contractor? If found, how will rotted or damaged sheathing and/or framing members be addressed?
- Will a moisture barrier be installed before the siding? Will window and door flashings be installed or replaced?
- How will existing light fixtures, power outlets, phone boxes, and lines be addressed? How will other key transition areas be addressed (decks, power and gas meters, etc.)?
- What products will be used for inside and outside corners or will they be replaced at all?
- Do you have a written siding quote detailing materials used and complete project scope or were you just given a verbal siding estimate?
EXOVATIONS® Exterior Siding Atlanta on WSB-TV
Want to see your home with its new vinyl siding or fiber cement sidng / HardiPlank® siding BEFORE we start the remodeling project? Be sure to ask about EXOVISION™, our architectural rendering design process that takes the guesswork out of your remodeling plans. If you choose EXOVATIONS as your remodeling contractor, then the EXOVISION fee is deducted from your project price.
|No-rot, energy efficient vinyl siding and fiber cement siding materials that offer the beautiful look of natural wood means that your home will not only look beautiful, but it will withstand the test of weather and time.|
|Our detailed written project schedule will show you exactly what work we will be doing, when we will be doing the work, and when your siding project will be complete.|
|We give you a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty on your siding installation and all other work performed by EXOVATIONS®.|